Terms and conditions for students
Terms and conditions for students
SEARCHING FOR A PROPERTY
It is your responsibility to review the accommodation provider, the property, the facilities and the conditions on which the property is offered. You are therefore strongly urged to visit the property prior to entering into any agreement with the accommodation provider.
Any agreement with the accommodation provider should include a condition report completed by both yourself and the accommodation provider.
For information regarding a specific tenancy problem, please phone the Tenants’ Union on (03) 6223 2641 or 1300 652 641.
The University invites accommodation providers to volunteer to have their property inspected by the University prior to being listed with the University. Properties that meet the University’s requirements for liveable and appropriate accommodation may be recommended by the University and be featured in search results.
Please note the following about any inspection and recommendation by the University:
- an inspection of a property is conducted based on the accommodation’s face value and a review of what is evident to the inspector- it does not cover hidden or structural issues;
- any recommendation from the University is based on the condition of the accommodation at the time of the inspection and is only intended to provide an indication of the standard of the accommodation at that point in time;
- a recommendation is not intended to be a guarantee of the condition of the accommodation and should not replace a standard condition report;
- a recommendation by the University does not mean that the property will be suitable for your needs; and
- a recommendation of a particular property does not include a recommendation of that accommodation provider.
Not all Accommodation Inspected
The University will not be screening or inspecting all accommodation providers and the facilities they offer. Some accommodation will still be listed with the University without being inspected.
No Liability of the University
The University does not claim responsibility for the accuracy or veracity of information provided by an accommodation provider.
The University does not accept any liability for any loss or damage that you might suffer due to any unsatisfactory accommodation arrangements made by you. Nor will the University pay you for any loss or damage suffered.
Access to and correction of personal information held by the University of Tasmania will be managed in accordance with the Right to Information Act 2009 (TAS).
By signing up to use the StudyStays software, you consent to the University collecting, using or disclosing your personal information for activities which are related to the activities of Accommodation Services at the University. You understand that this includes providing your personal information to StudyStays Pty Ltd in order for the software to effectively operate. StudyStays Pty Ltd will protect your personal information and will only use it in compliance with the relevant privacy laws.
OWNERSHIP OF INFORMATION
You confirm that you are the owner of, or have permission to use, any information, including text, graphics, photos, designs and trademarks, you provide to the University and StudyStays through the software. You grant the University of Tasmania permission to use the information provided for the purposes of Accommodation Services including utilising the software.
WHEN LOOKING FOR A PROPERTY, REMEMBER:
- Do not sign any contracts for accommodation without first inspecting the property.
- Do not ask friends to secure accommodation before you arrive.
- Do not pay deposits or send money before physically sighting a property.
- Do not pay money to someone you don't know.
For assistance please contact us : email@example.com or call 1300 138 497